Able2’s CRUSH program is a relationships workshop for young people with a disability.
The aim of this program is to deliver a high-quality, youth relevant and interactive program to educate and inform young people with a disability about healthy relationships, consent and safe sex.
We support young people to develop useful life skills, a positive and healthy attitude towards sexuality and well-being within a framework that promotes and protects their human rights.
Our program focuses on their safety, supports community participation and inclusion.
The program is facilitated over 8 weeks by experienced and trained disability youth work practitioners.
We believe that if a young person is informed they are better able to make safe decisions for themselves and others.
The CRUSH program is available as a group session or one-on-one workshop. The schedule is flexible and can be varied based on the needs of the group or individual.
- Week 1: Hey, how r u & what is a crush?
- Week 2: I know my rights!
- Week 3: Is this love? respectful relationships
- Week 4: Private stuff & public stuff
- Week 5: Wanna go out? First date instruction manual
- Week 6: Is this ok for me ? Consent & boundaries
- Week 7: Online shizzle – keeping safe online
- Week 8: Rootin’ & tootin’ – safe sex